We’re delighted to be NBRA Greener Bodyshop Award winners!
However, we never rest on our laurels. We are committed to protecting the environment and are continually looking for new ways to become more eco friendly.
These are the key actions we take to ensure we are playing our part in looking after the environment:
- Cardboard waste is recycled using our Orwak Flex 5010E to compact and bale
- Rubbish is compacted using our Orwak Flex 5030
- Plastic bumpers are recycled via our registered waste carrier
- Low solvent paint products are used (Spies Hecker HiTec)
- We use low energy workshop lighting with motion sensors, so lights are deactivated when not in use
- Waste metal is recycled via our approved waste carrier. We segregate aluminium and steel
- Waste liquid products are responsibly removed from site using Safety Kleen
- R-1234yf refrigerant is used for air conditioning where possible – we have a Texa Konfort machine specifically for this
- Speedy shutters have been installed for the workshop to keep heat in
- Biodegradable cups are used for our water machine
- We have low-bake paint ovens
We recognise that electric vehicles are important and have a central place in the transport industry of the future. We have the skills and equipment needed to carry out repairs on electric vehicles – the easier it is for people to look after their electric cars, the more commonplace they will become.
We truly believe that protecting the environment isn’t about making big changes. It’s about collective smaller changes, that will add up to become big changes as we all work together to look after the environment. We’re pioneering change in the transport industry, and our award is proof that we’re fully committed to adopting greener practices that are fit for the future.